Just when we thought Spain couldn’t get any better, we traveled from Finisterre to Tamariu on the Costa Brava. Tamariu is by the bay of Roses, just south of France.
This past week has been filled with:
- The sparkling, clear, blue-green water of the Mediterranean
- Families playing and enjoying the sunny sea-side
- Rocky cliffs hiding coves with small sandy beaches
- Great meals and great conversations
- Long walks on trails surrounded by pine and cypress trees
- Getting caught in a sudden rainstorm
- Small villages with cafes and shops
- Touring a cava vineyard that dates back to the late 1400s
- Castles on hilltops
- Ancient city walls covered with purple bougainvillea
- Snorkeling and seeing schools of silvery fish
- The Greek and Roman ruins of two (once bustling) port cities in Empuries
- Lush botanical gardens
- And, great friends to share it with!
What’s not to love, right?
We enjoyed a week with our good friends Dale and Sarah Gooding from Wales. Wow! What an incredible experience.
Next week, Julie and I head to Marrakech, Morocco for three weeks.